Here's a video for an Introduction of fractions for children:
Here's a fraction activity for you to try! ;)
I enjoyed doing Problem 9:
" Without reusing the digit cards, how many ways can you add two digit numbers to two digit numbers and the answer must be two-digit number too?"
There were many more ways!
Two new terms I learned:
· Knowledge of formal language or symbolic representations
· Knowledge of rules, algorithms, and procedures
· Knowledge rich in relationships and understanding
· It is a connected web of knowledge, a network in which the linking relationships are as prominent as the discrete bits of information.
· By definition, conceptual knowledge cannot be learned by rote. It must be learned by thoughtful, reflective learning.